How Can I Stop an Infestation?
- Wash sheets and clothing in the hottest water the fabric can stand or place in a dryer for at least 20 minutes, set on high heat.
- Thoroughly clean infested rooms throughout the residence. Use a stiff brush to scrub the infested surfaces and dislodge any eggs present. Then immediately run over the area with a powerful vacuum.
- Inspect and clean any small spots where bed bugs could hide, including the drawers of desks and dressers.
- To limit places where bed bugs can hide try reducing clutter throughout the infested areas.
- Vacuum your mattress, paying attention to tucks and seams.
- Immediately after vacuuming, tightly seal the contents of the vacuum in a plastic garbage bag and remove it from your home. Secure the bag inside an outdoor trash receptacle.
- Seal your mattress in a plastic mattress cover. Ensure it is free of tears and holes and tape the edges to make sure your mattress is completely sealed off from the rest of the room.
- Move your bed away from the wall, tuck in sheets and blankets, so they don’t touch the floor and coat the legs of your bed frame in petroleum jelly or buy a custom-made ‘bed bug interceptor’ to place under the legs of your bed. These actions will help to keep any bed bugs in your home from getting up into your bed.
- It may be tempting to throw affected furniture away, but before you jump the gun, consult Pronto Pest to see if the furniture can be treated. When throwing out infested furniture, do so responsibly. Put signs on the furniture to make sure no-one decides to pick it up and bring the infestation home with them.
Do I have a bed bug infestation?
Bed bugs tend to hide during the day, coming out at night to feed on sleeping hosts. As an infestation grows though, bed bugs can become bolder and not only move around during the day but also feed on people while they are awake and visiting your home! If you see signs of bed bugs under beneath every seam and your bed sheets are covered in brown spots, then you may have a full-blown infestation on your hands.
I have an infestation! What do I do?
Do not delay another minute, contact Pronto Pest immediately. We will get our service techs out to your property immediately to help you regain control and eliminate all traces of these pests.